- Who can use Medical Marijuana?
1. Patients who suffer from seizures, severe and persistent muscle spasms, pain, nausea, loss of appetite due to cancer or epilepsy under Charlotte’s Web Law.
2. Terminally ill patients under the “Right to Try Act.”
3. Patients with the epxanded conditions listed in newly passed Amednment 2 laws. Those conditions are:
- Positive status for HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
- AIDS (Aquired Immune Deficiency Syndrom)
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- ALS (Amyotrohpic Lateral Sclerosis)
- Crohn's disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson's disease
- Chronic nonmalignant pain
- How do I get certified to recommend cannabis treatment to patients?
Successfully complete the Florida Medical Association's 2-course and examination. This course and examination is required each time you renew your medical license. For more information, visit Office of Medical Marijauna Use.
- How do I get a recommendation for medical cannabis or low-THC treatment?
Schedule an appointment with a physician that has completed the training required for ordering medical cannabis for patients.
Your doctor will enter your personal information and dosage recommendation into the Medical Marijuana Use Registry, where it will be saved and stored for the duration of your treatment.
- How do I find an authorized doctor?
An authorized physician is one who has completed the training required for ordering medical cannabis for patients.
- How do I fill my recommended order?
Visit a Trulieve dispensary and speak with our knowledgeable staff about your dosage recommendation. Our specially-trained staff works hand-in-hand with YOUR physician to provide the right products and the correct dosage to ensure you get the compassionate care you need. We will fill your order while you wait and answer any other questions you may have. Remember: you must have identification with your full name and date of birth, as well as your Florida Department of Health Identification Card or proof that you have applied for a Florida Department of Health Identification Card.
- How do I register with the Office of Compassionate Use as a recommending physician?
Once you have successfully completed the Florida Medical Association course and examination, visit the Medical Marijuana Use Registry system here. Click "login" and then click "New Physician." Then enter in your information. It is that simple!
- What is the difference between Low-THC Cannabis and Medical Cannabis?
Low-THC cannabis has very low amounts of the psychoactive ingredient THC and does not usually produce the “high” commonly associated with cannabis. Patients with cancer or a condition that causes chronic seizures or muscle spasms may qualify to receive low-THC cannabis.
Medical Cannabis can contain sufficient levels of the psychoactive ingredient THC to produce the “high” commonly associated with cannabis. If a patient is suffering from a condition that has been determined to be terminal by two physicians, he or she may qualify for medical cannabis.
- What products do you have?
We offer a variety of low-THC cannabis and medical cannabis products from capsules to vaporizers to liquid. View our products to learn more.
- Does Trulieve home deliver?
Yes, we will deliver your order to your door anywhere in Florida. Give us a call at 1-844-TRULIEV (878-5438) or visit our online shop to place your order.
Delivery fee is $25 for regular delivery and $40 for rush delivery.
- What do I bring when picking up my order?
You must have photo identification that shows full name and date of birth of the patient or guardian/caretaker of the patient, as well as your Florida Department of Health Identification Card or proof that you have applied for a Florida Department of Health Identification Card.
- Do Florida patients have to obtain a medical cannabis ID card?
Yes. All patients and legal representatives must obatin an identification card.
Patients and patient legal representatives must fill out the appropriate application and submit it to the department of health along with the following.
- A copy of your Florida driver license, Florida identification card, or other proof of residency.
- A $75 check or money order (application fee) made out to Florida Department of Health.
- A passport-style, color photograph (2x2 inches in size) taken within the 90 days immediately preceding application.
If you are applying for a child under the age of 18, you must also include:
- A designated legal representative.
- A copy of the parent’s or designated legal representative’s proof of residency.
Application packets should be mailed to:
Florida Department of Health
ATTN: Office of Medical Marijauna Use
4052 Bald Cypress Way
Tallahassee, FL 32399
You may also visit any of our locations for application assistance including taking your photo.
- When does Amendment 2 take effect?
Amendment 2 is currently in effect. Visit the Office of Medical Marijuana Use to learn more.
- What medical conditions are covered under Amendment 2?
Conditions under Amendment 2 are:
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis)
- MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
- Chronic Nonmalignant Pain
Other debilitating medical conditions are those for which a physician believes that the medical use of marijuana would likely outweigh the potential health risks for a patient is also permitted under Amendment 2.
- Do you have any guidance on dosing?
For tips on dosing and specific conditions, visit DrTrulieve.com.
- How do I make an appointment to learn more about Trulieve and the process?
No appointment is necessary. If you have a patient ID, visit any Trulieve location during open hours Monday through Friday from 10:00am-7:00pm, Saturday 10:00am-5:00pm and Sunday 12:00pm-5:00pm, place your order online by clicking “shop” or call us at 844-TRULIEV (878.5438) 7 days a week. If you do not have a patient ID, call us at 844-TRULIEV (878.5438) 7 days a week or email at email@example.com and we will help you get started.
- Do you employ any medical professionals?
Yes. We have a medical director and a full-time clinical nurse educator.
Our Medical Director is Dr. Ken Brummel-Smith, a licensed Florida physician. Our Clinical Nurse Educator is a registered nurse.
- Are there any proven medical benefits of medical cannabis?
Yes. Visit DrTrulieve.com to browse clinical studies and research on the efficacy medical cannabis.
- Does Trulieve have any RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) products?
Yes. Currently we have 50mg capsules available that are filled with RSO.
- Can medical cannabis be smoked?
No. It is currently against Florida law to smoke any cannabis products, even if it is medically related.
You can however vaporize medical cannabis. Vaporizing is smokeless, as the vaporizer simply converts oil or ground flower into a natural vapor. Trulieve has two options for vaporizing: standard handheld vaporizer and a vape pen. View our product page to learn more.
- What strains do you offer?
We currently have strains in Indica, Sativa, Hybrid, and CBD. We currently offer Chem Dawg (Hybrid), 9lb Hammer (Indica), Sour Deisel (Sativa), and Vitajay (CBD).